7 Questions to Ask When Selecting a Realtor
During the pandemic in 2020 and 2021, real estate was on fire and selling for well above asking in very short time frames. This is not the case today; homes must be professionally sold in a much tighter market and with longer sales cycles. Our home is the largest asset most of us have, so don’t be shy about asking some pointed questions when selecting a real estate agent. Interview at least three representatives and make them all aware that you are shopping the market for the best agent to represent you. Ask them to present what they are going to do for you to earn their commission.
Make sure you ask the following 7 questions:
- What is your average list-to-sale price ratio, excluding 2020 and 2021? (What did you list at and sell for?)
- How long have you been in the business, ‘actively’ selling real estate?
- How will you customize your marketing plan to meet my needs?
- What makes you different from all the others?
- Can you provide me with three references?
- What if I am not happy with your service?
- What do you charge?
P.S. When it comes to moving your goods, we make sure you have all the information you need and also that you ask the right questions when comparing Movers.